BioQuest: Science Outreach at Seattle BioMed
Each of us has “defining moments”— the “eureka” moment where life comes into focus and a pathway becomes clear.
Seattle BioMed is discovering the solutions to devastating infectious diseases AND the future leaders in global health. Through BioQuest, thousands of Washington State secondary students are discovering exciting and biomedical and health pathways.
Step into science and discover the uniqueness of BioQuest.
- Seattle BioMed offers the only high school education outreach program in the country to be located within the footprint of an infectious disease research institute. Step into science here with our resources and experiences. Last year we supported the learning and training goals of 1,000+ teachers, students and community members. Check out our FY13 Brag Sheet.
- Teachers seeking connections between global health and the Next Generation Standards are invited to learn more about our January 28th Infectious Inquiry workshop. Register at this link today!
- Our thanks to all the teachers who attended our "Science in the Time of Cholera" NSTA aworkshop in Portland. We hope that you enjoy all the resources that we posted to the NSTA session site.
- The BioQuest Academy experience is so good that we can no longer keep it to ourselves! Check out how a partnership with the Washington state Career and Technical Education is getting our resources and curriculum to students across the state! Learn more about the impact of the Academy here.
- Local companies, philanthropies and individuals generously give to Seattle BioMed and ensure the sustainability of BioQuest. Visit the Seattle BioMed GIVE page to learn how your gift can change local lives and global health.